tile grout question

Precisely.

Not really - it will also look naff.

Always good.

It is an excellent tool that does what it says. It's one of my most used tools and in its long lifetime will pay for itself many times over.

I've looked at and played with one, and no it isn't, in my view.

Reply to
Andy Hall

yep that was what I was afraid you would say!

mind you, black grout doesn't show up mould!(Sorry can't work out how to get emoticons)

I might try changing the grout colour somewhere unobtrusive and see what it looks like.

then probably re-tile....

I'll let you know what results I get, then maybe it'll be useful to some other benighted diy-er

dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Colon dash close brackets or colon dask open brackets.

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sounds liek a disae a carpnetr has got.

Ooh, me colon! Must dash - close them brackets for me, mate ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

no I meant the proper picture ones like you have.

dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Try it!

When I type colon hyphen close bracket - I "see" (on my screen) just those characters.

When I later view my own post in the newsgroup, I see a nice little yellow smiley. This is because Thunderbird notices the colon hyphen close bracket and chooses to display a smiley instead! :-)

Not all news readers work the same but you do appear to be using Thunderbird as I do.

Reply to
Rod

Oh ok, here goes :-)

dedics

Rod wrote:

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Me too.

All I see is a box with a red cross in it (if I view in html) or just the charachters if I view in plain txt. I'm using OE6 - is that why I only see the box & cross?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'd be surprised if OE does that on its own. I get the same because I installed OE-quotefix years ago (Microsoft being congenitally incapable of making a news/email client that can handle quoting properly). As well as fixing (mostly) Microsoft's quoting screw-ups, that application also added graphical rendering of smilies etc. Or it did, until Microsoft beefed up OE security to not download "external" images by default. That had the side-effect of losing the smilies (even though they aren't coming from the Interweb). My guess is that you also have some 3rd party app (perhaps even the same one) that is caught out by this setting. You could switch it back on in tools/options/security but I don't recommend that you do that permanently!

I really ought to use proper software, but somehow I just can't be arsed to switch!

Reply to
Pyriform