Tile Gap Above Bath

I'm about to tile around my new bath and have seen it suggested to leave a 1 tile thickness gap between the bath and the lowest tile . Trying that out it seems quite a lot ( tiles are 6mm) . Any ideas ?

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart

Right-angle beading between these and the bath, siliconed on. And put a bit of wood under the bath edge to support it there, and make sure it does not move.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Thx Ian but I don't want to go down that road .I'm just going to tile down on to the bath ( already in place) and silicone the gap. It was just the dimension of the gap I was concerned about .I thought 6mm looked a lot . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

If the bath moves 1mm from loaded-unloaded, it's 1/6th movement, which is quite a lot. Remember to silicone the gap when it's full.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Can I ask where you heard this? I have tiled many a bathroom, shower, kitchen, etc. and have never heard this! Are you sure you're not confusing it with leaving a one tile HEIGHT above the bath when tiling when the bath isn't in place? Then after the bath is installed stick this row on.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

snipped

That's pretty much how I was actually intending doing it John.....other than that the bath is already in ...a couple of mm or so it is then ....thx

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart