Tile effect laminate flooring

Hello

We've seen some nice tile effect laminate flooring in B&Q but unfortunately the range of colours seems a bit limited. Does anyone know of other good sources for this type of flooring? We're in NW England btw.

Thanks Pete

Reply to
Pete

If its the same stuff I've seen in Homebase they have a good range. Looks good, thinking of getting some myself.

Reply to
Dave

I have just put down 5m * 5m of the green/brown - looks stunning most impressed with it and it looks a lot lighter when in a larger area.

Reply to
Lurch

unfortunately

Laid some of the slate grey in our kitchen in February. No complaints - looks great and showing no signs of wear.

Reply to
shaun

unfortunately

I've used Burbidge stuff in the past and have found it to be a good quality product. They do no-glue laminate tiling - also rated for bathrooms.

Stockist locator:

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Was in one of these guys places earlier

it looked good in the shop, unlike most of the plastic wood stuff.

Reply to
James Hart

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Eventually settled on some B&Q stuff after all. The stuff is called Floormaster Loc and is some sort of MDF based laminate.

Very pleased with the result but can be a devil to put down since it relies on you being able to present the next piece at an angle of 30degs to the last one in order to lock them together. Unfortunately I had a lot of edge situations where radiator pipes and architraving prevented that. The only way I could get round it was to shave off the lip on one edge - which means that that edge is no longer locked.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

In article , Pete writes

I've just fitted some Floormaster Loc and I think the instructions are impossible to follow when it comes to putting down the 2nd piece on the

2nd and subsequent rows. We ended up making up a whole row of floor and then locking it into the previous row as one piece.

The finished effect looks very nice and it's very tough stuff, we went through several jigsaw blades when cutting it.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell