tile cutter

I think it's more bright light, than daylight. I was astonished how much straighter a cut I was able to manage with my jigsaw after adding a 1W LED behind the shield.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I ordered one for a friend along with a blue Bosch grinder. It cost about £15 more than the grinder IIRC. Having said that it did make a lovely job of some 15mm thick porcelain tiles that were almost impossible to touch with anything else. Worked well on some travertine marble as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've read a few of the older posts in this newsgroup and they all recommend the plasplugs models because of this. I was looking at a Screwfix Titan model for economy but it seems that the Plasplugs is a similar price and being plastic will not rust unlike the Titan. Is the Plasplugs the only one to recycle its water; do all the others just spray everywhere?

Also, what jigsaw do you use for tile cutting? I tried to jigsaw a floor tile with a grit blade and it didn't want to know. It is a Bosch model I have, do I need a more powerful model?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

I've no experience of others; my first one was a small Plasplugs when they were rare DIY machines replaced by the current bigger model when the first was lent out and kept by a pal (who gave me the new cost for it) Both were satisfactory and value for money - the larger one just better especially for big tiles.

I bought a tile cutting blade for mine and yes it was a waste of time. A hand saw was better - but never used one since getting the cutter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)