tile cement on tiles

How can I remove waterproof tile cement from the face of ceramic tiles?

Reply to
frank spencer

A thin layer will usually brush off or come off with a plastic pan scourer, because it dries out before the cement sets.

Failing that, try something acidic to attack the cement (and hope the waterproofer doesn't completely stop it getting in). Brick Acid is sold for the purpose, but I have successfully used kettle descaler for this. Be careful with any metal tools, as the metal can easily mark glazed tile faces, but a combination of acid followed by brute force can break the bond.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

u could always sand it off using some coarse sandpaper

Reply to
dIMM

if you use toilet cleaner its thick and gloopy, so can be wiped on thin and it wont run onto the joints and eat them too. Just wash off when done.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

try brick acid.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A piece of wood!

I found this moved the adhesive quite effectively whilst not damaging the tiles.

Reply to
RayDavis