Tile alternative - cheap, fast and easy diy

Hi, i just found out about this upvc panel which you use instead of tiles, it comes in lots of colours and styles, and is udner half the time to tile,+ alot cheaper! i got mine form

they helped me work out what i needed and were very freindly, jus thought id share!

Reply to
Mike

Posting of commercial advertising is not permitted within the charter of the uk.d-i-y newsgroup.

Please don;t do it again or an abuse report will be sent to your ISP.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well then snipped-for-privacy@severnvalebathrooms.co.uk fancy that, finding your own website. If I didn't know better I would think that snipped-for-privacy@severnvalebathrooms.co.uk was a spamming twunt, but no surely snipped-for-privacy@severnvalebathrooms.co.uk wouldn't be spamming would he? If snipped-for-privacy@severnvalebathrooms.co.uk.

Perhaps snipped-for-privacy@severnvalebathrooms.co.uk may be interested in snipped-for-privacy@severnvalebathrooms.co.uk spamming usenet.

Tata Mark

Reply to
Mark

F off spammer...

Remember everybody, would you buy from a spammer?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Are all the staff there just as dishonest as you? Seems like a good place to avoid.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

no, I'd not the product benefits and buy elsewhere.

however, the link wasn't entirely useless for a diy group and rampant netcopism is equally unattractive as spamming,

imo, natch

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

Nonsense. If blatant spams like that didn't get a swift, appropriate response it wouldn't take long for the group to be overrun with targetted spam.

Reply to
Grunff

rubbish.

in all the years I've been using usenet (10+) the s/n ratio has remained fairly constant. and do you really think that occasional spammer cares about the FAQ or that their ISPs abuse depts. care about one off spamming ?

no, in both cases.

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

Al Reynolds

Erm, yes! Most ISPs are very sensitive to it, and I've seen many people lose their ISP accounts because of it.

Reply to
Grunff

Hear hear!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wouldn't buy from someone so illiterate.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Your email address is a bit of a giveaway..

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Mike writes

Err ...

Next time you try and spam, try at least using a different email address from that of the website

What a tosser

Reply to
raden

No, but I emailed him ...

In my usual diplomatic manner

Reply to
raden

I really can't think of one (targeted) spammer who's tried it twice in uk-diy

Reply to
raden

Oh! Do tell us what you said :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

As I said ... diplomatic as always

"Err ...

Next time you try and spam, try at least using a different email address from that of the website

You total f****it

Posting of commercial advertising is not permitted within the charter of the uk.d-i-y newsgroup. Don't do it again or an abuse report will be sent to your ISP with a view to getting your account terminated"

Reply to
raden

Lets consider the product impartially... why not...

Real Tiles:

very hard wearing, long lasting, easily cleaned, genuine and good looking well established product. repair and renovation not a problem.

upvc:

the smooth surface is quickly made rough by cleaning with anything other than a damp squid, making it then impossible to keep clean. upvc is also known to dicolour. any surface printing will wear away from cleaning, unevenly of course. So it will last what... 1/10th as long as tiles before it looks so ugly it has to go? Cleaning: at first the smooth surface can only be cleaned with a soft cloth, so not much cleanability there. As the surface wears and roughens cleaning will become impossible. genuine? no, a blatant cheapass fake. good looking? after its worn dirty and discoloured? I doubt it. well established product? Yes, interior upvc panelling is, but it has never been known to look even half decent. repair and renovation: Large sheets make small damage unrepairable, and partial replacements would stick out like a sore thumb due to changes in colour and surface condition.

You could also add in the safety issues that have been expressed by some about upvc within the house, specifically concerning the risk of fire spread and toxic fumes in a fire, and the debated question of toxic plasticiser leaching. How significant these are is a matter of some debate, I shan't take sides on it.

If I want cheap, I'll just use paint.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton