Tie down points on baot trailer have to be moved

I am going to be fitting SMART TABS in coming week. I have a Maxum 1800SR3 on a Karavan bunk trailer.

The TABS position means that the tie down straps at the rear can't be used from the current transom points to trailer fittings. You can see them in this picture:

on Tabs will be at position B in above photo ... which means straps will have to be moved. Anybody know of a neat way to provide new Tie down points without welding ? i.e. something that I can bolt on.

Ideally with U bolts or similar ... looked in Indespension catalogue but not found anything.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

You got the right group here? By SMART TABS, I assume you mean some kind of trim tab. Now I'm no expert on these, but shouldn't they be fitted lower down?

Anyway, the picture shows your boat being tied down to a couple of half-inch rods hanging off the transom. I wouldn't trust that as far as I can throw it - you're far better off with a strap over the gunwales and under the trailer. And if you do that, the fitting doesn't matter any more.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ