Thsi weeks Grand Designs

They are back with Tom, they guy with the bird wings roof.
You know the one who trusted his arcitect to design something that was humannly possible to build, but wans't, so he decided to self build it.
Whats that survey, 1 in 10 people are incopentent at work, Tom found it was more like 99 in 100 ..........
I *REALLY* felt for this guy.
Rick

This wasn't the bloke who went ahead against his project planner's decisions to put up a natural wood roof in the wet so that it warped was it?
-- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs

Yep. The guys who did the piling with ex north sea drilling pipes have a video of the gory mess on their stand at Various Home renovating/self build expos. They reckon his contingency fund is over a million.
--
Andrew

Its just been on, he was THREE times over budget, and not finished the inside ........
Rick

Although he wouldn't say what the budget was.
I reckon he's spent about 1.5M so far ...

inside ........
Not sure I like it either! :-) The Hauf (sp?) house looked far nicer.
Cheers, Rob.
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:51:51 -0000, "Rob Nicholson"

Yup, as someone else mentioned it also looked like an airport terminal.
-- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs