threshold strips

I put all the downstars ones down using Stixall. They are mounted on an ashphalt floor and Stixall is the only thing I have found that bonds the plastic strip that the metal part mounts into, to the ashphalt floor. The store I bought it from has not had any in stock for over 3 months now.

Is there an alternative to Stixall? Wife is getting impatient.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

How about Sticks Like Sh*t (yes, really!) from Evo-Stik - available at Screwfix

.

Reply to
Rory

I have looked at that, but the retailer I use is not too sure if it will react with ashphalt. It looks like some of the adhesives do.

Come Monday, I am going to find our local adhesive agent (they recently moved) and ask them. I have got totally brassed off with trying to find something. The last thing I used stuck down for 48 hours and then started to lift up at the ends, so I don't want that happening again. I'm getting too old for chipping out the failed adhesive these days :-(

Well, not too old, but I can find better things to do :-)

Thanks, all the same.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Dave writes

Seems to be available from plenty of places online, including Ebay, which might be the cheapest if you just want a tube if a seller does reasonable postage

Reply to
chris French

Thanks, I'll take a look

Dave