Threshold Strip?

I am having a trouble finding a solution to joining the floors in two rooms (Kitchen/Dining Room). The Kitchen floor is about 25mm lower than the one in the dining room, both floors are laminated wood and the opening width is about 1.2m. I doubt if a wooden strip would work due to the wear and tear. I have seen on a kitchen display in B&Q that they have used a rubber strip to stop people tripping when they enter the show area but unfortunately no one there knows where to get one from and they don't sell them either, this would be perfect!!

I have tried a few tile centres and the usually DIY stores but am still having no luck, has anyone got an idea of where i can get one?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
Tom

So, this is some sort of super rubber that is tougher than wood?

Try a chamfered skirting board, preferably oak.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Even a piece of pine planed to adjust for the height difference would last many years. A piece of solid hardwood of the same type as the laminate finish would probably last forever.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Isn't all rubber tougher than wood? Try beating rubber and wood with a hammer, see which one gives up first!

Reply to
SimonJ

I had thought about wood but i need the threshold strip to overlap both of the floors due to uneven trimming!

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Make a rebate with a circular saw.