Three questions about boilers

Join a local oil buyers club. Our local one regularly gets oil 5p/ liter cheaper. You have to accept your oil at a set date, the tanker goes round a neighbourhood so saving road fuel.

Reply to
harry

You did read the bit where Davey said that he *runs* the local oil buyers club, didn't you?

Reply to
John Williamson

And have you actually tried this in the past 30 years?

Years ago, copper pipe was of a different construction. Modern thin wall stuff will kink when using a spring. And will need annealing before you start.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

  London SW

That is the table X copper. Can't be bent. You need toget table Y.

Reply to
harry

harry knows all there is to know about bent, especially bent coppers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I use a bender and a spring. Is this wrong? As you say it kinks/crennelates on the inside of the bend.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

At the same time? I've only ever used a bender *or* a spring.

I usually don't get too much kinking when using a bender

- I've pretty much given up on springs these days.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

I could well imagine a high rate of returns of wrecked units, and/or callouts to initially installed units which don't work. Many of these were probably beyond the ability of the people who installed them, particularly the split unit ones. But this is all just guessing.

Wickes did them for some time after B&Q stopped. They're only sold in the summer, for cooling. However, I mostly use mine for heating.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

This chap has also done a series of videos:

John Rumm

Good luck finding that in your local merchants...

So called "half hard" (formally Table X, now EN 1057 - TYPE Y) pipe bends just fine with a pipe bender.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for putting me right. Didn't realise I couldn't bend all that tube I've managed to perfectly well over the years. I'll have to rip it all out now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Make that:

So called "half hard" (formally Table Y, now EN 1057 - TYPE Y) pipe ^^^

Reply to
John Rumm

I have done that with 15mm in the past but 22mm is a much harder to do that way!

Reply to
Fred