Three phase installation ....?

Hi

I'm moving into a new workshop but I can't figure out whether there is

3 phase already installed or not.

There are 4 large fuses as the mains comes into the building. I guess that 3 are lives and one neutral. Could be wrong though. Two of the lives are currently connected to for single phase metered domestic use.

There is only metering setup for single phase though.

What is the best way to proceed? I would prefer 3 phase if possible and within cost constraints but might go for a Transwave or similar if the 3 phase is too expensive to set up.

Any thoughts appreciated.

TIA

NIcholas

Reply to
Nicholas

Ask the local electricity board? ( Powergen?) as to what is on site according to their records.

It sounds like 3 phase to me

Reply to
Reteplav

It may simply be an isolating link rather than a fuse.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, that's why fused neutrals in suppliers' cut-outs were banned in 1937 (under the Electricity Supply Regulations 1936).

There are still a few pre-1937 cut-outs still in service. Under the new ESQC regulations suppliers have 10 years in which to replace them.

Reply to
Andy Wade