threads from here copied elsewhere

The images on that particular page were collected from various sources - none were originated by us as far as I am aware... Some of the others that have been pinched have been ones one of us drew or photographed though.

I did send an email to the lot above suggesting that a attribution would be in order, but did not get any form of reply.

Reply to
John Rumm

Barstewards but it happens. I quite like it when they don't copy any images just link back to the orginal ones that msyteriously get changed...

If you run the webserver it's possible to configure things so that only the referring leech site gets the changed image, so you don't need to change yoursite.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I thought the diagram showing how the "council house" 1&E + single neutral lighting wiring is done was by a DIY contributor?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Copyright. The right to copy ...

Reply to
Huge

That's what g***se is *for*!

Reply to
Huge

Indeed it was - and I missed that on the copied page, since it has since been moved to the house wiring article on our site.

For the avoidance of doubt, they have also copied lots of other pages and diagrams / pictures etc.

Given our wiki is published under GNU free documentation license:

thence:

Its fair game for people to reuse the content, however they should ensure that the original authors get recognition for their work as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Really cannot be bothered. The stolen items didn't represent enough of an investment in time and effort on my part to worry about pursuing. Now if I'd written a 100,000 word novel which had been widely acclaimed and had fortune-making potential, that'd be different!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I think putting (c) at the end of every page could help, as could some kind of public commons license where they must provide links back to source

George (c) 2014

Reply to
george - dicegeorge