Thoughts from the shower #2

Hi again,
the recommended way to apply silicone sealant around the bath is to fill the bath with water first so it sinks a little - that way you don't stress the sealant when the bath is filled.
However maximum stress is when the bath is filled to the overflow with one (or if you are lucky) two people in it. [Lit candles for effect are considered of negligible additional weight.]
Therefore logically you should apply silicone sealant with the bath filled and at least one, preferably two (British Standard) people in it.
Conclusions:
(1) I am not sure the guy who fitted the new bath in our bathroom a few years back knew the correct way to do things. (2) If this is encompassed by future building regs. I am retraining as a plumber (but not engaging an assistant). (3) Whatever, I fit my own baths from now on!
Cheers Dave R
P.S. perhaps I should cut down on shower time?

"So, M'lud, there is a totally innocent explanation: my client was caulking her seals at the time..."
But would it stand up in court?

the
one
filled
Deep breaths and calm......
....sorry to disappoint but I am not posting this all naked and wet ;-}
David W.E. Roberts wrote:

True, true.

You romantic!

They don't have to be British Standard. Assuming it's your bath, they just have to be you and your chosen fellow bather. And they come in lots of non-standard sizes, and in various international flavours.

Or he thought it would be a bit odd for him to ask your wife to get in the bath with him, as a rough guide!
"It was for professional purposes only!
--
Ben Blaney
GSF1200 VFR800 CBR600 CD200

It is, but minimum stress occurs to the seals when they are moved the minimum through out the min to max bath stressing. Thus the seals should be applied at _half_ the maximum bath stress.
So the average British bath requires 3 seals to be applied while the bath is full of water and containing 2 people, but those people must also be hanging from the light fitting so as to halve the amount of stress they put on the bath.
We must also have the plumber in the room of course to apply the seals.
Due to the obvious risk of electrocution the electricity must be turned off and the light bulb socket pins earth bonded in the usual way.
So correct procedure would involve the following in the room, all at once: bath filled with water 2 people in bath hanging off light fitting 3 seals 1 plumber and all in total darkness.
All this is to apply what? Sillycone sealant of course.
Regards, NT

the
the
one
ROFLMAO !!!!! The appliance of science ?
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

the
the
one
All very easy for you to say, but what am I going to do with the baby Hippo I ordered from Screwfix?

Well, maybe it'll come in handy in woodwork, when you need to mark out a hippo-teneuse?
Regards, NT