Those garden tables...

...with attached benches, like you see in pub gardens or picnic areas, do they have a specific name? I'm looking for a plan to build one and I'm struggling a bit!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Best way to be able to find something immediately? Ask someone else to look for it!

Fear not, I've found one.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

================================== There are some with pictures clear enough to copy on Ebay. Do a search under 'pub picnic table'. They're really only a glorified traditional sawhorse.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Yus, picnic table's the chap. Thanks.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

These are rather nice

saw them in a local pub.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They look a bit better than 'conventional' ones, where you can have difficulty getting your leg over... :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I like that. Wonder if they'll send me some plans? ;)

I'm crap at working out how stuff like that fits together.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Actually, I haven't got a flat enough piece of ground for something that size!

Oh well.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Have you thought of decking to even out that bumpy garden ground?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

'ere, are you keyword spamming now???

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Personally I think that decking is awfully passé. A bit common, in fact. It's probably quite popular with the caravanning types. And those that have a cocktail bar in the corner of the lounge.

;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I'm not keen - I likes a bit of grass and the garden isn't big enough for a lot of both.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Lots of spare garden here, could post you some over!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

A bit of lateral thinking: if you have lots of spare garden then how about we just move onto it? That way you'd save a lot on postage. Are we talking hundreds of acres in the Highlands or a 40 acre Devon farm here? Either would do.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I would I want to go down the pub to saw them? I think they would object to the noise and the dust...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Easy: take one of your sheds, remove roof, remove walls, erect table. Voila! flat picnic table! ;-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

How very dare you?