Those damn brick-cutting angle grinders (rant)

Yes a very useful tool - for infesting an area with intense noise pollution. This toy is a favourite with Joe Bloggs who is everywhere cutting bricks etc to cover what is left of green space - with concrete. We have such Joes around here - in a flood plain! Yes cretin inhabitants moan like hell about how they hate their houses being flooded, and with their other face race, lemming-like, work to cover the land so rain cannot run off. Their stupidity is enormous. Just what overloaded drain/sewers need, extra water to cope with!

Due to such things (and this crazed lunacy of mass house building due to no immigration controls) the flooding is already getting worse. Roads I know for 30 years are now flooding due to the above lunacy.

Anyway, this rant was supposed to be about those damn brick cutters. In my world, the oiks would have to measure the sizes needed (yes every brick) and then go do the cutting at some soundproof factory where they can deafen themselves to their hearts content. Virtually EVERY DAY around here is heard the sound of these horrible devices just so idiot people "must have" a paved front garden "just like the neighbours", Our kids will grow up never having seen a piece of grassland.

Reply to
michael newport

You are probably in the wrong forum to complain about angle grinders.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Is that the same world where everyone goes around with underpants on their heads and pencils up their noses?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

He is certainly writing to the wrong group. In here the angle grinder is the equivelent to a crucifix to the Catholics. He should come and stay with me during Farnborough Air show week, then he would know what noise is and then they charge a small fortune to watch if you can afford it.

Robbie >

Reply to
Roberts

Hallowed Be It's Name.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

TBF he is probably referring to a Paddys Motorbike....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In many cases planning permission is now needed to cover areas with an inpermeable surface. Some block paving is porous and fitted with suitable ground drainage underneath.

Reply to
Hugh - in either England or Sp

On 21/08/2012 17:45, Roberts wrote: ..

You need to be someone the exhibitors want to see their products, then you get a freebie.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

The only time I went was on such a freebie, although the Concorde take off was rather impressive! (late 1990's I think) ISTR it was via a friend who worked for some company or other with defence ties, and they were given far more tickets than they could actually use.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I used to work for one. Sitting on the company terrace drinking the company wine and watching the company's products go past wasn't a bad way to spend a day.

Mind, it was the only good bit about that job.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I lived for a decade or so in Southern California. What used to drive me up the wall (I spent a lot of time working at home) were the leaf-blowers. Rakes and brooms are never seen, and the ridiculous thing is that all the leafy matter would be blown off one front yard into the street away from that section - later to be redistributed on everyone's front yard. There is one redeeming feature of this otherwise pointless creation of noise and two-stoke fumes - it keeps a small army of poor Mexicans and Central Americans employed, and no doubt supports many more south of the border.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

round here it's Italian "gardeners" who use them.

Reply to
charles

I asked Socata (part of the people who build Airbus) about the cost of one of their light aircraft, not that I had a million to spare, and they sent me tickets to the next air show, where they were on display.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Agree with all of that. Angle grinder man comes out on a nice quiet summer evening when you might like to sit on the grass listening to the birds and other creatures, but no, its angle grinder man. However its not just cutting concrete or bricks, its apparently such a versatile tool its used to cut metal, plastic and almost everything else you can think of, I don't think it works on glass though.... There was a frightening accident on the tv a while back where a guy was using one to cut down the metal legs of a bed, and the disc split and nearly killed him.

Down my road some herbert was using one to cut an old galvanised tank up in his loft to get it out and set fire to his roof!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The ultimate answer?

Reply to
Capn Nemo

He's a relative of my wife's nemesis; strimmer man. He follows us round the country, revving his 2-stroke & giggling maniacally.

Reply to
Huge

De Blessed Consaw of Holy Margaret.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Right so you live on a dirt track

Sticks?

pruned?

Lemme guess, they built the house roof tile sized so there would be no need for an angle grinder?

Why not go the whole hog and remove electricity, water, gas and telecoms?

Just because you live in a stone age tree house on the side of a mountain, you've got to realise that 99% of people don't, and they need to use power tools....for people to rant and rave about it is pathetic, it's like shaking your fist at passing aeroplanes.

Reply to
Phil L

I'm surprised so many regulars here are so anti-angle grinder!

Has anyone used these brick-cutting saw blades for a reciprocating saw? Are they any quieter or better in any other way?

Fred