Thorens record deck

I had a request earlier today, from my wife, if I knew where I could find a connector for this deck. I spoke to the the owner and found that it is square about the size of an Oxo cube and takes the mains power in and sends it out to somewhere else. I know there is not much information and I have googled for an answer, but until I can get any info.

Does anyone have any experience on the record deck? It might be Monday before I can post back.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Show us a pic

NT

Reply to
Tabby

TD what?

Reply to
Adrian C

Take great care, some are 16V AC, some are 110V AC,and some are 240V AC motors. Sometimes with almost the same model numbers.

Manuals and links to spares here:-

John Williamson

Which one? I have a TD160C - I can peer underneath it for you if you provide a better description of what you need.

(Anyone other than me ever wondered why Thorens didn't sue Linn over the Sondek?)

Reply to
Huge

The Linn Sondek. It's a turntable, much prized by "audiophiles". It appears to be identical to a Thoren TD160.

I used mine last night. Listened to Pink Floyd's "Meddle".

Reply to
Huge

I'll get around to listening to it ... one of these days

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
Dave

I have a TD160. Bought it in Edgware Road and carried it all the way home to East Kent, many years ago. I listen to "Meddle" too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Who? What? I have a TD125 II. I know this can do 110/240 and 50/60Hz 'cos it went to the States with me but I no longer recall what it looks like underneath. Been too long since I powered it up.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Same here! Got the 33/303 off an unappreciative brother-in-law a long time ago.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh really? Never heard of it. I bought Quad 33/303 in 1970, and Thorens TD125/SME arm/V15 at pretty much the same time. IMF monitors in 1974. Quad FM tuner in 1986 (upgraded the pre-amp then, too), and haven't looked back. It all sounded good enough that I've not bothered to look at anything since.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I hear echoes

Reply to
geoff

I never liked the 33/303. The older stuff's far better imho.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Rich barstard.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Boo! Hiss!

Reply to
Huge

Good grief.

It all sounded good enough that I've not bothered to look

That's more or less how I felt until my Arcam Alpha 9 developed the well known input selector switch failure. Spares are no longer available and DIY measures have failed, so I needed a new amp. Bought an Arcam Alpha

10 on eBay a couple of weeks ago. This seems to have reawakened the hi-fi lust, so I've been surfing for stuff ever since. My, but there's a load of c*ck written about hi-fi these days.
Reply to
Huge

YMYA.

Reply to
Huge

Its been like that for a long time now. Linn started that sort of crap hype..

Reply to
tony sayer

But at least they don't charge over a thousand quid for a power cable like Russ Andrews...oh no, they seem to have a premium range now..

Bob Eager