This week's Aldi bargain

thought people would want to know....

David

Reply to
Lobster

The description is a jem... Essential for all your baking, especially icing and dusting.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

On a slightly related note, I visited a public toilet over the W/E and the proprietor had thought fit to affix a handwritten sign on the hand drier in the gents, 'hand drier' it proclaimed, what people were using it for prior to this I don't know.

Reply to
Phil L

Co-op dusters have "ideal for dusting" written on their packaging.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The message from "ARWadsworth" contains these words:

Better than "Serving suggestion".

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Phil L" contains these words:

One of our cats likes to sleep in the tumbledrier, but lost interest once our then toddler chose to join her.

Reply to
Guy King

Do they keep a poisons register for would-be purchasers of this to sign?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's surprising that they have used words with more than one syllable.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from "Phil L" contains these words:

I thought was rather good.

Reply to
Guy King

Yes it is.

I especially like the "Caution" one about packaging. That is *so* true.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes. Put it on a plate.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Don't blame Aldi, It's only repeating what it says on the packet.

Reply to
Matt

I just love some of those "serving suggestions". A box of Sainsbury's "wholewheat biscuits" (their version of Weetabix) shows three "biscuits" splashing around in what seems to be milk, in some indeterminate plate. I mean, you're hardly likely to serve them chargrilled, hard-boiled or deep-fried with a side-salad (or are you?!).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Have ya never watched your mom or wifey making a cake?

Putting the sugar in a fine sieve and sprinkling over the cake, using the sieve and a gentle tap on the side of the sieve with the palm of your hand.

This is whats known as dusting.Tsk!

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Take some chryranthemumumnumunumunums, and arrange them.

Reply to
Guy King

reminds me of a gem from the New Yankee Workshop: "I'll trim the edge of this laminate flush using a flush cutting bit in my laminate trimmer"

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

The message from somebody contains these words:

Ah, but as we all know, peanuts aren't nuts - so to warn those allergic to nuts that a pack of peanuts may contain nuts isn't unreasonable.

Reply to
Guy King

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

This keeps coming up on various ngs. The nut warning is because the packaging machinery may have been used previously to pack some real nuts and traces might be left in the machine. Some people are so sensitive to nut traces that the slightest amount could give them severe problems.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No but you can butter them and spread some jam on.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's another "isn't life stupid" thing which does the rounds on newsgroups... the reason for them using this disclaimer is more bureaucratic stuff which says that if the front of the packet shows a picture of Weetabix, sugar and milk, then that's what the packet actually has to include.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Ah right. So the packet of poppadums with an elephant on the front doesn't really contain any elephant?

Owain

Reply to
Owain