This week I'll be mostly trying my hand at...

...Plumbing. Woohoo!! :-|

So, this coppery soldery stuff... what's the crack with running 10mm central heating pipes up chased walls? I've seen Denso tape mentioned - any better ideas? Is this really necessary? Does modern bonding coat harm copper piping?

Think that's it for now...

TIA,

Andy

Reply to
Pecanfan

No (unless it gets wet for a very long time). However, copper pipes expand as they heat up, but the plaster doesn't. When I've buried 15mm copper in plaster, I've threaded it inside 20mm PVC electrical trunking so it can expand/slide without pushing the plaster off. (PVC expands and shrinks too, but this doesn't seem to be an issue here.) I also avoid any joins in the wall (except for a recessed shower where that was impossible).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If you must do that, use PEX (Speedfit, Marley Equator, or similar). BES stock a range. Use pipe-in-pipe, an outer corrugated sleeve is plastered into the chase, pipe slides up inside it. Much more civilized.

Reply to
Aidan

OK - cheers for the info.

Andy