This might be of interest...

Dave Plowman (News)

Or how about this:

mike

Now that's much more interesting !!! That's going on my Christmas List.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

do you buy the DIY alchey who has everything... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

the original multimaster can use any of the blades anyway - but its good for the other machines since it opens up the full range of blades.

I put it on the compatibility bit of the wiki:

John Rumm

Does it do what some people think it does?

Doesn't it just allow "expensive" Bosch blades to be used on "cheaper" tools?

It doesn't appear to be a universal adapter that allows any blade to be fitted to any tool and it doesn't allow blades from other manufacturers to be fitted to a Bosch multi-tool?

Reply to
Alan

I dunno.

Should be possible to work it out by the pic?

I only posted it out of interest. I decided to bite the bullet and get a Fein. And haven't regretted it. It has that air of a quality indestructible tool about it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ditto. I bought mine just after Andy Hall died, as a sort of personal memorial to his appreciation of real quality.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind being able to use cheaper blades with it. Would this gizzmo help in that respect?

Reply to
Roger Mills

You just know that as soon as the guests arrive, the prawn vol-au- vents make their appearance, the Demis Roussos cues up and the Blue Nun comes out of the fridge.... the $*%{ing battery will die.

Reply to
mike

Which multimaster tool post has yours got? If its like the one in the wiki article, then you can already use any blade from any maker since there are no registration features - its screw tightness alone that keeps things in place.

Reply to
John Rumm

Looks like it. Although if you have a Fein you could argue it lets you use cheap Bosch blades on it ;-)

Hard to tell without seeing the reverse of it. At worst, it could let you use any blade on any tool *other* than the Bosch - you could grind the annular ring of registration pips off the adaptor that engage with the Bosch blades allowing others to fit. The centre of the adaptor looks like it will accommodate all of the common registration mechanisms used on the different machines.

The other alternative is to get cheaper "universal" blades. I have bought some from:

the past, and find the quality is acceptable.

(how does the bosch retain the blade? is it a screw in fixing? If so it strikes me that one could simply chop the blade part off a knackered blade, retaining just the fixing hole base, and use that as a spacer to accommodate the registration lugs on the machine, fitting a n other blade on top).

Reply to
John Rumm

Mine's gotb the star-shaped fixing, and the over-centre lever to lock accessories in place.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Fein do an adaptor - but I can't remember which way it went - ite either allowed old round hole blades to work on a star machine or vice versa. Not sure how much it would help - depends on how tight the new mechanism clamps I guess.

Reply to
John Rumm

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

John - I did that too .... from the US. I guessed I would have to pay some import duty - what I didn't guess is that the Post Office repackage the goods from the Customs and charge heavily for it. It was still cheaper than the shops but not as cheap as I had reckoned.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

The seller I used, dispatched the goods from the UK, hence no extra charges. I think I paid about £55 inc delivery for a 15 blade multipack

- so under £3.70 a blade.

Reply to
John Rumm