This is from a layman's point of view

In message , BigWallop writes

Apparently: On Bravo, starting Jan 24th - Britain's Worst D-I-Yers. Don't have any other details - I only caught the promo as I was channel-surfing. Can't find it on Bravo's website.

Reply to
Liz

In message , Lurch writes

You never saw the one with my brother with his giant puffball he found at the Tech then

Reply to
raden

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:59:24 GMT, raden strung together this:

Er, no. Not into that sort of thing.......

Reply to
Lurch

Ah bugger !!! I'd love to have seen the photos of the inside. The outside picture was bad enough, but it did say that the whole thing was unsafe, which wasn't really evident how bad the unsafe bit was from the external picture. I'll maybe try a visit to the library to see if they can get me the archive from the newspapers.

What the hell was he trying to do. It looked more like a bowling or cricket pavilion than a home. Dozzy bugger !!!

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , Lurch writes

It was on the front page ... together with him and his anorak

Reply to
raden

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:28:57 GMT, raden strung together this:

I can't believe I missed it. I might have to give them a call, see if they can't bike me a copy of that one down the A5. Sounds like it wasn't to be missed.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Lurch writes

They should have it to hand, it's only 30 years ago

Reply to
raden

This one just in today:

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "BigWallop" saying something like:

I recall one from the telly about 20 years ago in some northern town. The houseowner (in a mid terrace on a hillside) decided he'd remove the sloping front garden and make a driveway up to his basement, which he'd turn into a garage. All went well until his house and the houses of his neighbours collapsed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon