This is from a layman's point of view

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:44:50 GMT, raden strung together this:

Is that that thick bloke in Telford? I've just been looking for that article, that was brilliant. I've been laughing about that for the last 10 minutes. I've never seen anything like it, gotta be the best thing ever. Did you ever see the pictures?

From what I remember the council spent a fair while shoring it all up so it didn't fall on the neighbours property.

Reply to
Lurch

!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

ROFLMAO !!! Yes sir !!! These are the ones we like to hear about. And you wonder why the safety guards are fitted to certain types of tools. Well now we know why. LOL !!! I like it.

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , BigWallop writes

Lets be posh and call it a broadsheet then ...

I can't immediately find the article with google, I'll look over the weekend

Reply to
raden

In message , Lurch writes

I think that's the one, post the URL

Reply to
raden

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:23:58 GMT, raden strung together this:

Just trying to remember when I saw the article in the Shropshire Star. Can't seem to find anything in via the search in there archive and Googles a bit useless. I'm still on the case though, I'll post it if I find it.

Reply to
Lurch

A chap near here took the riving knife off his saw table and a splinter of wood shot up and hit a major artery, he bled to death after passing out. Another local decided an angle grinder with a circular saw blade was a good idea for trimming his decking down to size, it bit, ran over the tops of his shoes and made a right mess of his feet.

Reply to
James Hart

OUCH !!! The poor bloke, and with just a splinter of wood. :-( The guy with the saw blade was also very lucky he never lost his life as well. But these are the stories we want, sad or funny, because the wife thought I did stupid things. After reading through the current replies, she has realised just how safety conscious I really am. :-) LOL !!!

Reply to
BigWallop

Out of interest, rougly when and where did the above happen??

David

Reply to
Lobster

Here we go... this is the one!! Think this is the whole sorry saga in sequence:

know... someone should really collect all the links and refs in this thread for the humour(?) section in the FAQ... BigWallop??!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Here we go... this is the one!! Think this is the whole sorry saga in sequence:

know... someone should really collect all the links and refs in this thread for the humour(?) section in the FAQ... BigWallop??!

David

Reply to
Lobster

ROFLMAO !!!!!

Thanks for that David. We haven't laughed that much in a long time. When we got to the part where Mr Nseowo said "all this was against his human rights", my missus said in her best Ali G accent "Is it cos' I'se black?" because that is what it seems he is now going to try and claim. I'm still laughing after nearly half an hour of reading it. My sides and jaw hurt. :-)

The thick shit can't see that the thing he erected, on two storeys, was a total shambles and needed pulling down for his own, and his families, safety. God. Did you see the size of the canopy thing? More a lean-over than a lean-to I thought.

And the links and stories just keep getting better guys. Thanks again for all the contributions so far. They are making a bored old couple greatly amused.

I'll leave the link collecting part to you or someone else David. I, well, her there, just wanted to know if "I" was the only DIYer to do silly little things like spill a few drops of paint on the old rug or cut a nick out of a finger that doesn't bleed much but throbs like hell a lot. So these stories are going a long way to show her that a little cut finger is not as great DIY disaster, no matter how much cussing and swearing is involved in putting the band-aid on it.

I am glad that I'm now being allowed to put the finishing touches to the things I started before the Christmas break. :-) LOL !!

Keep all them stories coming, people !!! :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

ARWadsworth

ROFLMAO !!!!!

Geesis Critters !!! Another cracker from Adam.A. I wonder if that's the same bloke who asked in the group where to buy props recently? If it is, then he might not have been able to afford as many of the best one we all recommended him to get. :-) ROFL !!!

Keep 'em all coming guys !!!! :-O

Reply to
BigWallop

report doesn't mention the riving knife but that came out in the paper after the HSE enquiry.

Reply to
James Hart

> The report doesn't mention the riving knife but that came out in the paper

Good God !!! A silly mistake takes his life. Here was me, jumping around, cussing blue murder with just a three millimetre stab wound on the tip of my thumb. This poor guy bled to death from his stab wound.

A very poignant story with a lesson in it for us all. Reminds you to keep all attention on what you're doing with tools, all the time, eh?

Reply to
BigWallop

That's the one

Reply to
raden

- the reason I was wondering was because I thought it sounded familiar. The bloke concerned was actually a distant relative of SWMBO (neither of us had ever met him - only heard about it recently via an Xmas card from an intermediate relation). Didn't know any more it than 'accident with circular saw'.

David

Reply to
Lobster

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:21:58 GMT, Lobster strung together this:

printed in the Shroshire Star, I still can't believe it's true!

Reply to
Lurch

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:41:52 GMT, "BigWallop" strung together this:

You should have seen the pictures of the interior, they were even better.

Reply to
Lurch