this has got to be a handy vice?

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

good for anything where you use a big hammer. Bending steel etc. The Lidl version is made of iron and stronger.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Erm! I don't think it was made for bending steel. Buy a proper engineers vice if you bend a lot of steel.

and that is a Lidl vice. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Look, you - the vice referred to is a light duty one for holding small stuff in while you work on it. This is indicated by the fact that it's a) made of alloy, and b) fixes to a "worktop" with a rubber sucker or clips over an edge and is held by a screw clip.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

.. and a ball / swivel joint and doesn't come with a big hammer ... ;-)

And yes it said 'worktop' not 'workshop' ;-)

I could make a good 'third hand' for soldering etc .. saves putting the fruit bowl on a cable to keep it still ... ;-)

All we need now is a Lidl ... (Nth London) ;-(

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Tripe your postcode into:

Chris Bacon

link but couldn't see a 'Find your nearest store' (it's obviously there, just didn't spot it).

Apparently, the Edmonton store is only 5.5 miles away but unless they have a car park I would be better off leaving the car here and walking there ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

| Apparently, the Edmonton store is only 5.5 miles away but unless they | have a car park I would be better off leaving the car here and walking | there ;-(

Every Lidl I have seen has a car park. However I seem to remember some problems at one of them.

Remember to be first in the queue if you want electronic goods. Arrive as the doors open for other goods. I was 1/2 hr late this Monday looking for a spare steam iron, and they had all gone :-(((

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop