Third world Space Programme?

Absolutely Brilliant this one!

harryagain

Were you considerate? Did you: "think twice before sharing."?

What does it mean that: "This video is unlisted."?

Reply to
polygonum

No idea. If you Search for it, it appears.

Reply to
Davey

/What does it mean that: "This video is unlisted."? /q

Eh? Worked fine here, problem must be at your end....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

No idea.

Reply to
harryagain

Sorry - no idea if you were considerate? Or no idea if you thunk twice?

Reply to
polygonum

It means the uploader has marked the video as private. All that means is its omitted from search results in searches on the Youtube site. Once the secret URL is "out there" there is no reason why Google etc won't index it.

They probebly prefer you to watch it embedded into a page like this

Graham.

Don?t think twice, it?s all right.

Reply to
Graham.

I thought it was a lot of fun,,

Thanks for posting..

///

Reply to
Scotch Mule.

+1

I was fascinated by the noise!

If I hadn't been able to see what was causing it I would have been wondering which steam locomotive it was!

Reply to
Terry Casey

Thanks Harry. Makes your average Guy Fawkes Night catherine wheel look rather tame!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Maybe its infected with something nasty? I never click newsgroup links. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's a video of a giant rotating firework. Ignited by bunch of Thais(?) who flees as the contraption spews out smoke and dust engulfing them. Spoked disk device (looks homemade) that has rockets attached and climbs several thousand feet into the sky slowly rotating. Lots of smoke and noise. Leaves a spiral smoke trail. Parachutes back to earth when rockets fizzle out.

(Wild Applause)

Reply to
harryagain

In message , Graham. writes

No, 'Private' is a separate setting, where it is only viewable by you and other people you specifically allow.

But yes this is correct for unlisted, it also doesn't appear in other places, around the site. Unlike public video's, so it's a sort of halfway house.

Reply to
Chris French

I am still somewhat unclear as to why we are implored to be considerate and think twice. Not that harry was nor did.

Reply to
polygonum

If they don't want it to be seen, they shouldn't put it on the internet. Simples.

Reply to
harryagain

I've no idea why anything in that video would need to remain on the quiet

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The bit about sharing is just a standard bit put on there by You tube because the video is unlisted. I have a feeling unlisted might be the default setting when you upload

AFAICS unlisted is just an easier way of sharing the videos without it popping up on public searches, on the recommended bit etc. and without having to share specifically with people (who must IIRC now have a Google Account). It doesn't mean you want it to remain on the quite as such, yoiu just might prefer it not to pop up all over the place.

Reply to
Chris French

The odd one goes astray

Reply to
Andy Burns

Especially not harryagain's, which never have anything to do with diy.

Reply to
Dave W