Things that p**s you off...

Two today.

Sold a few bits and pieces on Ebay, and each and every one supplied their address in all lower case. So instead of a simple paste job to print out the label, had to alter it. I'd be ashamed to present a package in the post office when obtaining the stamps with an address printed in lower case.

Got a letter from Talk Talk. Saying an email to my (correct) address had bounced - and that I'd be charged more if they had to go to paper billing. I get a monotonous stream of such emails from them saying my online bill is ready for viewing - but I pay by direct debit so don't need to take any action. And I've received emails every single day to this address, so I'd know if it were out of action. Of course emails occasionally bounce for no reason (that I know of). Most would simply try again later. Seems that is too logical for a company providing broadband...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Talk Talk are IME the ISP most likely to have their SMTP servers balacklisted, and then to do f*ck all about it.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I'm no great lover of them, and would happily change. Although to be fair I've only had problems twice in about the 10 years I've been with them and formally Pipex.

I have Virgin cabling going past the front door - but get absolutely bombarded by advertising from them which doesn't bode well for an efficient company. I'm also not too keen on the standard package deals - none seem to suit my particular circumstances.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How do you get to be with Pipex, informally?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I agree about the first but can't offer a solution. As for the second move to a different supplier. I have been with Plusnet for more than six years and apart from the odd wrinkle they have served me well.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

I hope this is not off topic, but I am with IDNet, and though very good they are rather expensive. I am looking for a reliable broadband supplier and phone with weekend and free evening calls, with lower charges. Plusnet looked good until I noticed in the small print that the price advertised was for only selected exchanges, and mine (Barlaston) was not included, what a surprise, that almost doubled the cost.

Reply to
Moonraker

snipped-for-privacy@gmx.com

-- B. Terry

Reply to
B. Terry

Wtf is that, anyway?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Aren't we all, mate, aren't we all.

Reply to
Huge

You can have reliable, good, and cheap. Pick any two! ;-)

I use both plusnet and IDnet and in a number of respects they are similar it has to be said.

To an extent, you get what you pay for... however that may include things that don't matter to you.

IDNet seem very competent and offer good service. They are also quite informal and easy to talk to, and only use UK staff. Plusnet are larger, but still fairly easy to communicate with. Plusnet probably do a bit more traffic shaping though. Since they buy their ADSL from BT openreach their pricing is based on the amount of competition at the exchange. Ones with more competing providers tend to be priced lower - but the same costs apply to other ISPs a well.

Reply to
John Rumm

They *belong* to BT.

Reply to
Huge

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

We get a 20 meg service and it is that plus a phone line for 23 quid a month. They are soon to upgrade to 40 meg for the same price so they say...

Reply to
tony sayer

Go VoIP then..

Reply to
tony sayer

At a few remote location we use Zen Internet. They do have download limits but one thing they are good at is answering the phone when you need to speak to them unlike B sodding T!...

Reply to
tony sayer

You miss the point. Like someone said; good, reliable, cheap. Pick two.

Reply to
Huge

You could have copy'n pasted them all into a Word doc first, and then done Format -> Change case -> Upper case on the whole document, before pasting each one on to its own label (assuming you aren't too ashamed to present an upper-case-addressed parcel? :)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I'm with Talk Talk informally since I've never signed anything. Formerly with Pipex formally.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They do, but are run independently. They are a world apart from BT in terms of customer service etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup Zen, and Andrews and Arnold are up there with the best...

Reply to
John Rumm

Don't need Word for that. ;-)

And yes, all upper case looks pikey too. We have a very posh local sub post office. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)