Things stolen - not strictly DIY

Thanks for the information. They were kept apart . In two different purses in two places! But when you get done over they tend to take everything!

Reply to
mich

I do, and I shall continue doing so. We haven't needed their services often but when we have done they've been brilliant.

It's not just cards they protect, I once lost my bunch of keys at Hever Castle and didn't notice until we got home a few days later. There was a telephone message asking us to contact them, the keys were returned the next day - /i didn't even report them missing.

A similar thing happened with Spouse's keys.

So why do you continue?

I suggest you stop. We've stopped paying house insurance. There's no point in paying for a service which you don't use or which isn't working. CPP works for us so we use it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Agreed,

They were also able to give me my passport number when I needed it away from home (as the passports were listed) which was incredibly useful at the time.

A word of caution though - I lost my wallet recently and two of the (7) stops didn't get through. I believe this was because the details weren't exhaustively correct. The John Lewis Partnership card had been entered as "Partnership Card" for example. It is worth going the extra mile and ringing the card issuers and asking them the details needed and checking they are on the list.

They have also been very helpful at all times when rung.

Reply to
Bob Mannix