Things on my mind (2)

I was loitering in the beer section of Morrisons and there was an attractive woman in her thirties picking up bottles, peering at them, and putting a few in her trolley. Like all old men I will do anything to engage in conversation with passable ladies half my age, so I asked, "Having trouble choosing?"

"Yes I am!" she replied. "It's for his birthday. But they've got to be on special offer or he's not having them!"

"Oh, surely you can get him a few really nice ones if it's for his birthday!"

She scowled at this suggestion, but I sailed on, saying grandly, "Let us broaden his horizons!"

As I was pointing out various stouts and dark bitters she snapped, "He only drinks pale beers, and anyway he likes lager best. And he manages a pub so he knows his own mind."

So that telled me, and chastened I went about my business, but as it happened our paths crossed in Housewares. She gave me a tiny smile and I saw that she'd taken all the bottles out of her trolley and had replaced them with a pack of Stella.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Coals to Newcastle?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Half your age when she in her thirties?

So that's a woman in her early thirties then:-)?

Yep I agree - women in their thirtys are well shagable.

Reply to
ARW

If he managed a pub, seems a bit like a busman's holiday to buy him beer for his birthday. One should be more inventive surely?

A book of humorous 'spontaneous' quotes to use on staff and punters is one idea, or how about a diy relaxation DVD? Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

In message , ARW writes

Isn't that an age thing? I have finally realised that the world is not full of lusty 18 year olds dreaming of nothing more than bonking a fat, bald 60+ year old. When I was 18, 50 was *old*. Now, at 62, I notice crumpet at 30+, 40+ and 50+. Yeah, there are some dogs, especially those (hypocrite alert) who need a wheelbarrow for their gut and a trailer for their arse, but there are plenty of tasty birds out there.

Being a married man, I don't notice any of them, of course.

Reply to
News

Couldn't agree more.

+1 !
Reply to
Bob Eager

And another.

Reply to
Huge

I still use the test "is her mother still shaggable?"

Reply to
ARW

Does that change if their mother has passed away ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave