Things I have learnt this week: DIY vapour barrier plasterboard

For when you forgot to order the right stuff!

idea was discussed a while back, but the above is the implementation.

The spray evostick was a good idea but I'd expect PVA would work too.

Took a few minutes and the end result is stable and I would expect more or less 100% vapour proof.

And fitted:

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

(you could probably lose ever other screw and still have it stop a battleship BTW)

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wibbled:

How else will I get through my box of 1000 drywall screws? :_>

Actually - there's a bit along the back edge that has no support - that's why I stuck that little group of 3 screws at the end of each rafter - bit of insurance :)

No-one's asked about the tape measure in the picture...

Reply to
Tim S

Oh, go on then...

Reply to
Phil Addison

Phil Addison coughed up some electrons that declared:

:)

It's so I can find the conduit again - and know where the rafters are when I want to fit downlights (if).

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

snap!!

Thought so... Digicams are a godsend for this arent they?

hatch location:

technique I've used is to directly write dimentions on the bare wall and convert that to a pseudo drawing in a photo editor

Fixing screws for basin* and radiator brackets:

to 'drawing':
* The 'keep off' indicates an area carefully moulded from the basin, so it won't get skimmed over.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison

Phil Addison coughed up some electrons that declared:

And for when the BCO asks if you ever did something he suggested :)

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S