Things change and remain much the same

I was looking at pics of places I used to know and came across a connection. Half a century after this pic was taken, I was working for the same company. Even though the people in it were probably long dead, the same types still existed - and even bore a striking resemblance to the ones pictured.

The Grafter, Bill; the Wanker from the office who thinks he's in charge, Bobby; the Real Manager, Bill.

Grimly Curmudgeon

They probably died from electrocution or falling over those wires. Land for heroes indeed.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

They were men in those days; strip wire with their teeth and join live ones with their toes, while swinging from the roof beams.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon