Thermostatic valve for shower

The next stage of the Great Renovation approaches and I need to chose a thermostatic valve for the shower. Combi boiler, more than adequate mains pressure. Not planning to do this sort of thing for another 20 years if ever so quality not cost is the main consideration. What to choose, hat to avoid?

Reply to
DJC

The Myra Excel is a safe, popular, bet. We've had one for a few years now and it's superb. It comes in a variety of options/finishes and with a 5yr guarantee (granted probably not all that unusual) - indeed my parent's Excel has been in for what must be almost 20 years now.

Excellent customer service and spares availability by all accounts too.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

Yep, we had one of those, worked fine.

I'd also recommend Aqualisa.

Shop around, I found great variation in prices when I bought.

Reply to
chris French

Yip Myra Excel is one of the best. Excellent customer service, fitted one on a Saturday and found plastic plate cracked, phone call Monday, got replacement part Tuesday morning.

Really miss it in current house the Triton valves fitted when new are really cr*p compared to Excel.

Problems with Triton valves (in my experience) are:

- They have to be siliconed to the wall, which when they block due crud you have to cut them off the wall. With Mira Excel, undo screws (put plug in bath/shower to don't lose screws), removed thermostatic cartridge, clean filters etc, put back, tighten screw job done !!!

- Have no pressure control as per Mira Excel so if one shower is nearer to pump you can alter the flow to get both showers matching, Yes they do Triton HP valves but they just have a flow reducer that collects crud every couple of years !!!

Reply to
Ian_m

I put gate valves in the input to my triton. The flow reducers did not arrive, so I had to find another solution. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

That is, of course, the *Mira* Excel in case the misspelling hampers any potential bargain search...

I think there must've been a glitch on the line when I posted... ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton