Thermostatic shower problem

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It says 7 litres/min is more than adequate, as was in the USA, and 5 l/min should be aimed for.

Reply to
IMM

Big deal. I don't really care what they say. It depends on your definition of adequate.

You might as well say that a milk float is adequate. It is if you're delivering milk in the wee small hours and don't want to wake people up and perhaps if you have a old one for taking stuff to the tip, but apart from that, its uses are limited.

I've got a book entitled "101 uses for a Dead Cat". I'll add "shower provision according to IMM" to it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Your is obviously way out the norm. Because you like drenchers, it doesn't mean that is the norm for 99% of the population.

Reply to
IMM

US showerheads are limited by code in some states to 3 gal/m (~11 l/m) They were not happy at this infringement of their civil liberties, hence illicit cross border trade in drenchers.

Reply to
Toby

15lpm is not a drencher. That is 25lpm plus.

You are no more qualified than a self build magazine to say what people want.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

This sort of stuff caused the Mafia to rise to power. Elliot Ness will have to raid everyone's bathroom.

Reply to
IMM

Well it's not the same as you, that is clear.

Reply to
IMM

Simple my dear Watson What is happening here probably is the following As you will be aware combi heated water gets cooler the more the flow, but the thermostatic shower does not realise this so it says i want hotter water so i will increase the ratio of hot water to cold . This of course then increases the flow of hot which makes the water cooler. The tap in the sink is adjusted by you so if the water is too cool what do you do. Yes decrease the flow. Solution turn down the input flow of water to the combi so it never flows too cold. Well worked a treat for me

HTH Phil

Reply to
Phil

Interesting to note that a Drencher shower with body jets can require 10 gallons per minute! I know of a set up with 2 x 50 gallon water heaters( in parallel) which runs out of thermostatically controlled water in around 10 minutes. The shower temperature then drops significantly because the thermostatic valve cannot reduce the cold supply sufficiently to work correctly! It is of course, worse in winter.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

eaters( in

Having a large boiler dumping all its heat, using a priority system, and a blending valve on the flow and return of the boiler can deliver replenish approx 10 litres a minute plus water into the cylinder. With this sort of draw-off, a flow switch should be used on the shower hot pipe, to bring in the boiler immediately. In short, use all available from boiler and cylinders.

Drencher shower were outlawed in parts of the USA.

Reply to
IMM