Thermostatic or electric shower from combi

I agree on the price paid to heat the water - we are lucky enough to have Economy7 or whatever it's called these days, so I use the immersion overnight to heat the water for the morning shower, then use the gas to heat water during the day.

Re an earlier thread, is there an easy way to tell how big the service pipe is off the main? Do you just use the Mk 1 eyeball and say it's 22mm? If that is the case, what size service pipe (typically) are Victorian houses receiving?

Thankss...R

Reply to
Richard

1/2" lead
Reply to
IMM

The instruction manual says

"suitable for use with Gas Combination Boiler"...

...which sounds exactly what I need.

But incase the manual was mince, I phoned Bristan just to check - their techie said it was "perfect for combi systems, but it will also do gravity fed systems."

says Gravity Fed, but as I've said above, it IS suitable for combis - that just looks like "Home Care Applicances" haven't categorised their products well enough.

I appreciate that the Mira might be a much better model, but at a hundred quid dearer, I think I'll live with mine being not the best, but at least better than an electric. Sometimes money matters too, rather than just having top spec :-)

Eno

Reply to
Eno Case

The Screwfix pressure balanced mixer is good.

Reply to
IMM

Seeing as you have saved a ton of money on the mixer, buy one of these and fit it on the hot and cold pipes to the mixer. Then pressure balanced and thermostatically controlled:

IMM

What price per kW is gas and overnight economy leccy?

Reply to
IMM