Thermostatic or electric shower from combi

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for all your helpful comments.
After reading mostly positive comments in here today, I just decided to buy it.
For info for anyone else, Makro (UK nationwide wholesaler) were doing one for 60.
It's here
http://www.homecareappliances.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID42&k=1
for 175.
I've read the specs and can't tell the difference. It also looks like the one B&Q do for 150.
All I need now is to get it installed and see the difference.
Thanks once again for all your advice.
Eno

That clearly say "gravity fed". Not what you need. You require a high pressure model.

Here is what you need, or the Mira: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?idh697&tsa289
Pressure Balance Shower Valve A shower valve specifically designed for use with combination boilers. Simple, single lever operation of the flow and temperature selection. Use with combi-boilers and high pressure systems only. Rub clean handset prevents limescale build up.
* Automatic Compensation for Inlet Pressure Fluctuations * Temperature Stabalised * Maximum Temperature Limiter * Rub Clean Shower Head * Ceramic Disc & Drip-Free Cartridge
Specification: Minimum pressure 0.5 bar. Maximum pressure 5 bar. Flow rate 0.5 bar - 7 Litres/minute. Not suitable for gravity fed systems.
149.00 inc VAT & PP

The instruction manual says
"suitable for use with Gas Combination Boiler"...

...which sounds exactly what I need.
But incase the manual was mince, I phoned Bristan just to check - their techie said it was "perfect for combi systems, but it will also do gravity fed systems."

In case anyone was mislead by that link, IMM was right to an extent - it says Gravity Fed, but as I've said above, it IS suitable for combis - that just looks like "Home Care Applicances" haven't categorised their products well enough.
I appreciate that the Mira might be a much better model, but at a hundred quid dearer, I think I'll live with mine being not the best, but at least better than an electric. Sometimes money matters too, rather than just having top spec :-)
Eno

The Screwfix pressure balanced mixer is good.

Seeing as you have saved a ton of money on the mixer, buy one of these and fit it on the hot and cold pipes to the mixer. Then pressure balanced and thermostatically controlled: http://tinyurl.com/br3n