Thermostatic Mixer Shower Problem

Recently I've noticed that the cold water flow rate from my thermostatic mixer shower has dropped markedly. Flow was previously good, verging on fierce. Hot water provided by the combi boiler and the cold straight from the mains (I think this is the case, but not sure - other bathroom cold taps hooked up to a tank and they still have good flow).

Any ideas from those more knowledgable about the likely cause? Would a simple knackered cartridge explain low flow rate of only the cold water? Not going to fix this myself, but just need some pointers as to what needs doing when I call in the pros.

TIA

Reply to
contacted2001

Mine has in-line filters in both H and C feeds - if yours has them too, as is likely, maybe the cold one is clogged?

These are normally located just behind the compression fittings which hold the shower to the pipework: would be very easily diy'able and worth a look before you call a pro.

David

Reply to
Lobster