Thermostatic controlled hot water to be mandatory on new builds/renovations soon.

Page 4 of 4
Niall wrote:

But that is of course nonsense. The governmebnt has clearly stated that
(a) education education education is where its at (b) thrown huge amounts of money at teh system (c) made teh exams so easy that everyone is now super intelligent. (d) told us we cannot be allowed to take responsibility for our own actions
Therefore it is clear that becisuse Big Tone sez it, we are both the most well educated and sophisticated people we have ever been, bar none and at the same time completely irresponsible about our own and others safety.
So obviously education cannot be the answer.
I suspect this will be the way it will be spun shortly.
"Education no use to 99% of people" "Money better spent on thermo valves for elderly, and more thought police"

Don't be silly. Being awake and alert negates the need for government and makes advertising redundant. The buggers who control our lives would be out of a job.

Ther have always been tow reactions to Life and its Dangers.
I was taught that stepping in front of trains was stupid, and would get me killed.
Today its a question of Making Our Railways Safe for Children To Play on. And restricting trains to less than 15mph in biuilt up areas to cope with the pedestrian crossings.
Mor(t)ally you can take your pick. In terms of economic cost-to-the-nation, its pretty obvious which costs more.
Except to IMM and the Loony Left.
Christian McArdle wrote:

Scald the little bastards. Too many of em as it is.
Harrumph!.

This is big news. It was a topic of interest on the BBC Jeremy Vines radio programme. Everyone appeared to think it a very good move. Vines tried to play devils advocate with not much success.
I think it is a very good thing to have these fitted. They are already in schools, hospitals and old people&#8217;s homes. I hate scalding water too. I have nearly been scalded in many hotels; they have the water far too hot to avoid Legionnaires disease. I thought it was mandatory for hotels to have thermostatic blending valves.
On 6 Jan 2004 06:32:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (timegoesby) wrote:

That's because "everyone" rarely thinks. Some people do think - but they are barred from being politicians because of it.

And one of the biggest complaints in the latter two is that you can't have a decent hot bath because the damn valves limit the temperature such that by the time the bath is full the water is cold.
Ever tried having a shave in the tepid water hospitals consider as "hot"?
However if the Phony Blur has decreed it is a "good thing" and will saveachillun who are we to argue in the face of the evidence he will no doubt concoct.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

You are mad.

is having to use tepid water to wash their hands.

--
Andrew

Not sure where these hotels these are, but can I have their details. I hate the ones which restrict the water temperature or flow as first thing I want after a long drive or flight is a good long VERY HOT soak.
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:41:45 -0000, "David Hearn"

Has anyone actually put any thought into the fact that these temperature sensors can actually go wrong? If the householder gets used to the idea that they can just turn everything on max to fill their bath, knowing that the sensor will get the temperature just right, then one day they start lowering their arse into the bath which has been filled with scalding water.....ouch!
Secondly, I can't speak for others but as a child I very quickly got the message that really hot water hurts like billy-o. So with these new arrangements we won't be teaching our kids a lesson in life. The first time they find out about scalding water may well be too late.
PoP
If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 06:59:03 +0000, PoP wrote:

Probably not, I get the feeling that it's not been thought through properly at all.

Hear, hear.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail