Thermostat in Bosch Fridge Freezer

Does anyone know where the thermostat is located in a typical fridge-frezer? Mine is a "Bosch Cooler" and is 9 years old and suddenly stopped working. As a temporary fix, I have bypassed the thermostat connection going to the compressor in a feeble attempt to try and save the food until I can replace the thermostat. I only plan on running the compressor for short periods to prevent it from overheating.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Steve

To combat spam,. my email address is only valid if the "food" is removed from it!

Reply to
Steve in Herts

It is usually on the other side of the control knob you use to adjust the temperature.

Reply to
orbiter

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:56:14 GMT, Steve in Herts scrawled:

On the end of the shaft connected to the temerature control dial.

Reply to
Lurch

Thanks but this fridge freezer has an electronic temperature control.ler. The external control dial (accessable from outside the fride/freezer) is at the very top of the fridge compartment (mounted

2cm below the very top of the fridge). I think the thermostat is remotely located from the controller but I don't know where.
Reply to
Steve in Herts

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:22:40 GMT, Steve in Herts scrawled:

Show us a picture. If it's a control dial then it's more than likely connected to a thermostat immediately behind it. I'm a little confused tbh.

Reply to
Lurch

If it is electronic controlled, the pcb does the switching of the compressor based on readings from a thermistor (s) in the fridge and or freezer compartments, does it have a fast freeze switch, if so have you tried it ?

Reply to
orbiter

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:05:28 +0000 (UTC), "orbiter" scrawled:

Can't say as I've seen a PCB based one with a dial tbh. If it is then the thermistor is likely to be somewhere towards the rear of the fridge behind the cooling plate.

Reply to
Lurch

Some do its a potentiometer on the pcb you are adjusting with the control knob, the thermister is usually inside the compartment surface mounted (behind a grill or similar) so it reads air temperature rather than plate temperature for more accurate control.

Reply to
orbiter

I have now removed the control dial and the PCB behind it. There is a

3-pin component which may or may not be a triac for switching the compressor. My next step is to determine if the triac is at fault or of it is the temperature sensor.

Thanks everone for your suggestions.

Reply to
Steve in Herts

The fast freeze button doesn't turn on the compressor when pressed in.

Is it likely that a triac is used to switch on and off the compressor?

Reply to
Steve in Herts

The fast freeze should bypass the thermistor sensor so it seems most likely to be the triac, try soldering in a new one.

Reply to
orbiter