Thermostat abuse!

Would he like to spend a week working with me?

or

Would you like him to spend a week working with me?

Reply to
ARW

They think is is like a knob on a hob. The more you turn it the more heat, the less, the heat. It is best to have a tamper free stat. I always specified these in commercial premises to avoid thermostat wars.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In one place I worked a can of aerosol freezer was placed on the stat so that any passing worker could give the stat a short burst to make the stat demand heat!!

Where there's a will.............

Reply to
Fredxx

I am quite proud that our energy bills are lower than £900 p.a. for our detached property, but it does mean that the room stat in the hall is set to between 17.5 and 18 degrees C. I insist that we wrap up to keep warm, but SWMBO thinks it should be 20 degrees minimum. During the day, when she is at work, I do not have the heating on at all, and the temperature often falls to around 13 degrees C, as it is now, and I have some windows slightly open too.

Yesterday evening, SWMBO has angry fit.

"When it's cold outside, you have to turn up the heating (meaning the room 'stat) higher to compensate."

I asked her how the room 'stat would know what the temperature is outside ?

She replied, "That's not what I meant."

I relented and turned the 'stat up to 18.25 degrees C. :-)

David

Reply to
David

What a wuss!!

Reply to
bert

;-)

Possibly, but this heated debate went on for about 20 mins.

We have the same arguments about this every month when it's no longer BST.

She doesn't get it that as warm blooded mammals, we need to move around a bit to generate our own heat. Not imitate statues....

David

Reply to
David

Such as shagging her. And did you mean PMT not BST?

Reply to
ARW

LOL

Reply to