Thermocouple gone?

Right, got a Glowworm Hideaway boiler which refuses to stay lit.

The pilot light comes on fine as long as your pushing the control knob in, soon as you let go (even after leaving the pilot on for more than the required time) it immediately goes out.

Does this sound like the thermocouple and are such things easy to replace?

Reply to
Dark Angel

Yes, and yes, usually.

Reply to
Alan

When I replaced the thermostat for the first time on my Gloworm, they said it was universal, so the next time I bought one in B&Q (not sure if they still do them and that worked fine.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Did you have to take the front of the ignition box to replace it?

Reply to
Dark Angel

Dark Angel has brought this to us :

Yes, but there is also the possibility that it could be the solenoid coil and/or gas valve - try the thermocouple first.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Another possibility is a partially blocked pilot light, so it's not playing on the thermocouple anymore.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel