thermal stores and heat banks

Hi,

Some of you will have seen the longish thread from last weekend thrashing out the pros and cons of heat banks/thermal stores etc..

Trouble is not one of the suppliers that I have written to has replied. I can only assume that they are not interested in my money, or in exporting as I live in the Falkland Islands. All they have to do is deliver to my shippers in Southampton dammit!!

So next question - anybody know of a, good, supplier of heat banks that can be bothered to answer my requests for info,or at least acknowledge receipt of them?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Harris

Got my thermal store from Range Cylinders

written to them, but they're quite helpful on the phone.

Reply to
Grunff

In article , Chris Harris writes

For my application (not a thermal store) I found them quite a bit cheaper than Albion. To second the positive feedback, I've found the tech dept v helpful on the phone too.

Maybe this hammering and banging with copper is a bit olde engineering and the email is just a bit too new :-)

Reply to
fred

I meant the that the phone calls were expensive :-)

Yea that could be it. Someone suggested using FAX, I guess that is a step back in time so will try that too ;-)

Reply to
Chris Harris

Yeah, that happens - welcome to the UK :-(

I'm always astonished with this - having lived in the USA a couple of times where, say what you will about other aspects of their way of life, customer service is taken very seriously. Yet in the UK, we seem to go out of our way to make it as difficult as possible for our potential customers to approach us in business.

I rang a groundworks company six times recently, each time getting an apology and "someone will call right back" but they never did. Now I will never use them, and recommend to all my friends and family never to use them. Same has happened with several joiners.

I know there's a lot of work to go around at the moment, but that won't always be the case - and when times are hard you can bet they'll be bemoaning that fact.

This country is going to hell.

-- Succorso

Reply to
Succorso

I always find they are slow at responding to emails. Maybe they think they are just passive inquiries, rather than firm sales leads.

Reply to
IMM

Could be, but it's business etiquete to respond to an email within 48 hours. AND now emails are legally considered written word and have the same weight as anything on paper.

Still I'll try a fax. But I only have a week to sort this out and get things moving so now you are beginning to see why people use tried and trusted suppliers here!

Chris

Reply to
CJ