Thermal spraying gun, info needed please.

Hello,

We are clearing out my late grandads house and have found 2 of these guns. They have no makers markings on them. All I know is they were used with the (i believe) aluminum rods shown. I'd really appreciate any info on them pl ease. The rods have MCP embossed on them.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Reply to
Daniel Jones

We are clearing out my late grandads house and have found 2 of these guns. They have no makers markings on them. All I know is they were used with the (i believe) aluminum rods shown. I'd really appreciate any info on them please. The rods have MCP embossed on them.

Thanks,

Daniel.

I have seen similar used on compressed air for general cleaning out of dust etc in equipment. Every garage had one. Tend not to be used these days as stuff can be blown into eyes etc.

Reply to
harryagain

There is a system for spraying metals on to metals but it uses oxy acetylene , but I don't remember the gun looking like that.

Reply to
F Murtz

Maybe a powder coating gun

Reply to
The Other Mike

I know it was used to spraying the metal as a cloud onto materials and leaving a coating. He used it to cover plaster models he'd made. I could take some pics of the end product if it helps people understand it better.

THanks.

Reply to
Daniel Jones

Could it be something similar to this?

Though it doesn't look like domestic stuff.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Daniel Jones grunted in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Sounds like you've answered your own question then?

Reply to
Lobster

I know WHAT it does. But I would like to know if anybody recognise it as it has no makers marks on it. Or who would be the best people to value it, what sort of person would be interested in buying it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Daniel Jones

eaving a coating. He used it to cover plaster models he'd made. I could tak e some pics of the end product if it helps people understand it better.

That's interesting to see - I spent some months one summer working for a co mpany that did that kind of thing, but unfortunately I never got to see it in action, as it happened at a different site - all I saw was the end resul t; we were mainly building up worn journals on crankshafts before regrindin g them.

The OP mentioned that the rods were stamped MCP - could that be these peopl e?

They mention a tin/zinc and a tin/bismuth alloy with metal spraying applica tions.

Reply to
docholliday93

It does not seem to be the sort I was talking about which were industrial things for spraying rust preventing metals on things like bridges etc,yours may be for spraying very low melting point alloys for some other purposes. MCP make all sorts of alloys.

Reply to
F Murtz

. They have no makers markings on them. All I know is they were used with t he (i believe) aluminum rods shown. I'd really appreciate any info on them please. The rods have MCP embossed on them.

Thanks everyone. I'll give MCP group a ring and see where it leads me! :) I 'll report back with any info.

Reply to
Daniel Jones

ns. They have no makers markings on them. All I know is they were used with the (i believe) aluminum rods shown. I'd really appreciate any info on the m please. The rods have MCP embossed on them.

I'll report back with any info.

MCP have said they made the rods but the gun may have been made by a compan y they used to own. Tried giving them a call but no answer so far. :(

Reply to
Daniel Jones

Did they say what composition the rods were?

Reply to
F Murtz