Thermal Imaging Camera?

Page 2 of 5
A number of years ago I borrowed the company camera for an evening. It picked up all the heat loss areas including a few small gaps between the window frame and wall which was covered by internal wallpaper.
Ideal camera for searching out those not so obvious heat loss areas or pipe blockages etc.

Andy Turner wrote:

Sprinkle grated cheese over your house. Turn up the heating and check to see where it melts.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:40:31 +0000, Willy Eckerslyke

That's a crock, monsieur........
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

More of a Welsh Rarebit in Willy's case
--
bof at bof dot me dot uk

"Willy Eckerslyke" wrote in message

This makes me wonder whether you watched /Mind Games/ on BBC4 on Monday, which included a demonstration of how to measure the speed of light using a plate of grated cheese, a rule and a common item of kitchen equipment.
--
Andy

Make a cheese sandwich and give it to a friendly physicist?
Huge wrote:

I might have.

Cheaper than that. You don't measure light itself but something that travels at the same(ish) speed. Or rather you don't, you measure its effect on something else. That gives you the wavelength, which you multiply by the frequency (which is written on the label of your common item of kitchen equipment) to get the speed of light. Approximately.
Not sure if it applies to house holder but check this site out.
http://www.thermalimaging.co.uk /
Mike P.
Not sure if it applies to house holder but check this site out.
http://www.thermalimaging.co.uk /
Mike P.
Really interesting site thanks for that
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:55:46 +0000, Andy Turner

1. The cats don't close the catflap properly when they use it. 2. None of the doors, external or internal, fit properly. 3. The plumber's just turned off the heating so he can replace the leaking radiator.
--
There are always opportunities for fairly dim physicists.

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:09:28 +0000, Linz

I can tell you about this one. Only the heating wasn't on in the first place.
Look, I need sympathy here.
Glenys
-- Did not.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, MissJuggs wrote:

How about a big warm hug?
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Your mother cooks socks in hell
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:46:27 +0000, MissJuggs wrote:

Another wuss... B-)
Whats wrong with a basin/sink/bowl of water, bar of soap and, if you must, a flannel? If you want to be really posh you can heat the water first.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Was *down* as far as possible. Was *up* as far as possible. Then you wash "possible".
--
Ne magna voce clametis ne canatis. Ne sine mediocritate edatis neve
bibatis. Ne ructetis. Ne inflationibus ventris alicui noceatis.
Andy Turner wrote:

You can hire an IR camera from HSS (one call)but it is 750:00 a day (1250:00 a week) . Can "see" 40C to 500 C.
http://www.hss.com/Fae.asp?syspage=wsClass&class%910&Division=OneCall&Category=INDUSTRIAL&sysclearSQL=YES . or :- http://tinyurl.com/ylaj
--
Yours S.
addy not usable (not that you would try it)
Soup wrote:
> Can "see" 40C to 500 C.
And in what way would that be useful exactly? How many parts of the outside of the house would you expect to be at 40C at this time of year?
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

Me bad, should think before I post if your house was "leaking" heat at 40C you'd have real problems. rofl
--
Yours S.
addy not usable (not that you would try it)
Andy Turner wrote:

What about using IR film in an ordinary film camera? Google turned up 'KODAK EKTACHROME Professional Infrared EIR Film'. And you get to use that little red focusing dot on posh cameras.
Phil

Certainly my Canon SLR says that it isn't suitable for use with IR films. Not sure why that is - but they must put it in there for some reason.