Thermal floor insulation...

Screwfix sell some aluminium floor insulation (Foil Tec Floor Insulation, product code 51524) - "Double sided insulation for suspended timber floors."

Idiot question this, but is it intended to go under the carpet underlay or under the floor itself? I reckon the former, but I don't want to look a charlie by not asking!

Our bedroom floor gets a bit chilly in the winter but there's only that some naff foam backed stuff down at the moment and, in due course, it'll get replaced with proper carpet and underlay. Do these sort of floor insulation products work?

Reply to
Scott M

Hi,

It goes under a suspended floor, as a radiant heat barrier it needs an airspace on one or both sides to work.

products work?

How about some slippers or trainers in the meantime? :)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Ah, right, cheers for that. I'm not sure I can be bothered to pull up the floor to put it in then!

Heh! Must get some decent slippers anyway (at the grand old age of 30!) The other rooms with better carpet aren't as bad so might just leave it for now then.

Reply to
Scott M