There's something you don't see every day...

No it doesn't, I have frequently been in (somewhat too liberal) contact with it. Not that I would advise that but it doesn't burn.

True, as with everything else aside from water!

I wouldn't use it in an enclosed space anyway

Now that *is* true ;o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Have a bucket of clean water, soap and a towel handy,

Well you must have skin like an elephant hide then, because the stuff I had sure as hell burnt me. Very uncomfortable after only a few seconds of skin contact.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

I used to creosote my grandmother's fences as a kid in the 50s and don't recall a problem re stinging but sure as hell would have been concerned about Saturday night if testostrone had kicked in!

Reply to
Clot

It's quite possible that the formulation has changed over the years and it's also quite possible that the formulation varies between suppliers. I'm just relating my own recent experience. I wasn't imagining the burning effect. YMMV as they say.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Creosote would sting if the sun got on the creosote on your skin. Like accelerated sunburn.

Reply to
Bob Martin