There's something running around in my loft!

Ahh...I've no idea whether mine did that as the fibreglass was piled up in a relatively inaccessible corner of the loft so I never investigated. I simply deemed that to be well insulated (ie about a cubic metre filling the space) when I got around to replacing the rest of the fibreglass.....

Wouldn't fancy nesting in fibreglass myself though - maybe they run around a lot because they're so itchy!

Reply to
GMM

In message , GMM writes

We had them in the attic at work, where the glass fibre had been moved when the smoke heads were fitted there was bare plasterboard. This is where the squirrels used as a loo. Presumably to avoid itchy bums? The first we knew about it was when we investigated why the fire alarm went off in the early hours. The guy that took down the offending sensor was not amused when a large amount of smelly liquid poured over him out of the sensor.

Reply to
Bill

Reminds me of this:

from a rookie cop in the US who was called to a house with noises (a squirrel) in the loft. The delivery is a bit slow, but it?s mildly amusing.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

I've had similar problems in the past. It turned out to be mice. I tried all of the recommended classic spring traps, poison bait pellets but the mice just bred and multiplied in number really quickly. In the end somebody recommended Electronic trap.

Amzn.to/2no9shc

Within a few minutes this trap had caught its first mouse and over the next few weeks caught a staggering 20 mice. We weren't aware we had such a mouse infestation in our attic but this trap is ruthless when it comes to getting rid of mice.

Reply to
mike.myfreight

Unfortunately as you suggest mice do breed very shortly after birth and the expansion is then exponential. Most prey animals have evolved this way. I've not heard of this trap, and wondered what the factor responsible for its success was.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You have heard of it now.

So I guess they are hoping for success by spamming.

Reply to
Nick

This caught my eye ...

"The device requires 4 C-Size batteries, which provide power for up to 50 kills"

Which makes me wonder how it works ? AIUI there are two ways electricity kills. Burning a la electric chair (yuck), or inducing cardiac fibrillation leading to death. The latter requiring the current go through the heart.

Presumably the design of the device ensures cardiac fibrillation ? I can't see there being enough energy to burn 50 rodents to death.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

With mike's affiliate link stripped out, that's ...

Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer - £31.97 Dispatched and sold by Amazon

Adrian Caspersz

We had a terrible mouse problem and tried humane traps, more conventional ones and even got the council's pest controller in; Nothing worked. In the end we got a cat and, many years later, not a mouse to be heard or seen (nor any droppings). Apparently the mice can smell a cat so don't enter the house but go elsewhere.

- Mike [and Luna the hunting cat]

Reply to
Mike

Aren't some rodents resistant nowadays ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk