The Medway HandyToiBoi eh ?

Reply to
geoff

Pink plaster?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Reply to
Lino expert

When my daughter moved to a shared flat, her Dad's housewarming gift to her, was a set of good, basic handtools - in bright pink. The hope was that the guys in the flat wouldn't 'accidentally' appropriate her tools, since they were so 'girly' looking. As it happened, she was the only one who had tools (and she knows how to use them!).

Reply to
S Viemeister

Those are NOT the pink tools my daughter has! Hers are _real_ tools - they just happen to be pink.......

Reply to
S Viemeister

Funny that, when my eldest daughter moved to Leicester for her fast track paramedic course I bought her a tool kit as well - alas not pink. She shared with 3 girls & 5 blokes and had the only toolkit. She now shares a house with two gay paramedic blokes - and hers is still the only toolkit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The heated seats were actually the 'icing on the cake' for me, when I bought the Saab. Leather upholstery can be bloody cold in winter!

The saleswoman's attention was certainly directed towards my husband, although we did say that *I* was buying the car, then she handed him the keys when we went for a test drive, which pissed me off slightly!

Reply to
Anne Jackson

The message from "cerberus" contains these words:

What's wrong with pretty pink tools? It ensures that _my_ pliers don't end up in my husband's toolbox, for a start!

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Perzactly !

Mind you, you have to go some to beat the Oakdene at the bottom of Wrotham Hill for a quality brekky ;-)

Reply to
RW

When *did* he start D.I.Y then Anne?

;-)

Reply to
RW

I had a similar situation and walked away explaining why. What did you do?

One might have expected a sales *woman* to have been sensitive to that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Haven't been there for ages! Nells on the A2 at Gravesend is good as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I pointed out to her that the various advantages she was highlighting, re the Saab were of little consequence to my husband, since the car was to be _mine_ and *I* was paying (cash) for it! I let _him_ carry on with the test drive, since I'm not all that fond of driving in a strange town, and they don't come 'stranger' than Dundee! ;-)

My feelings exactly!

It never ceases to amaze me, that when we contracted to have the double glazing installed, the soffits done, and the summerhouse built, and a new garden shed erected, ALL the receipts arrived, addressed to my husband, although *I* commissioned the work, and *I* paid for it!

We still live in a very sexist world. What's so difficult about understanding that *I* (not WE!) own the house...and I buy my own cars!

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Oh, it's not a case of 'when did he start doing DiY' more a case of when did he start forgetting where he had left his own tools!

This 'old age' is a helluva thing... 8-(

Reply to
Anne Jackson

"The Medway Handyman" wrote

They must be impressed by the tool(s) you've been brandishing!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Indeed.Try cutting your hair short, deepening your voice, wearing some trousers and getting served in a drapers shop.

I walked out after half an hour..

What's so difficult about

Whats so difficult about understanding that the sewing machine, fabric and so on are not exclusively female preserves.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I have my hair as short as possible - I don't have time for phaffing with fancy hairstyles, and I wear trousers (or jeans) 99% of the time!

I don't have a problem with that - I can't answer for sexist shop assistants! BUT, I was considering having some new curtains run up, if you're looking for a job... ;-)

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Y'know, frnkly I would enjoy it, but in the whole family wife included, we haven't a machine that will do the sort of thicknesses you get..so we sub that out..and if you are in the Cambridgeshire area, I can recommend..but cheap it isn't. Quality is first rate tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I'm in the north of Scotland, where there's this little old retired lady who'll run up a pair of curtains, in record time, and charge 'sweeties' for doing it.

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Will it be included in the next Olympic games? ;-)

Reply to
cerberus