Themostat Control

Plug it into a power socket. Take the fly lead to the phone. Plug the heating into the remote unit. Call the phone number of the property. Tell unit to switch ON / OFF using predifined code keys. Jobs done.

Reply to
BigWallop

Other than your message being in a thread I have posted to sometime in the past I haven't a clue what particular thermostat you are talking about.

Please *selectively* quote the message you are following up, so that the context of your comments is known.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think - but am not sure - that you would have to buy an additional mobile phone to leave connected to the unit on a permanent basis. Presumably anything cheap and nasty would do for this.

I haven't installed one of these though so I am only guessing. Perhaps it might be worth blowing 15 quid on it, and if it doesn't work out offer it on ebay? People have been known to buy the strangest things on ebay - and very often at a profit for the seller!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Sorry, I was referring to the TP75 you suggested inline with using it with mobile control item from maplins.

Thanks

Reply to
Tony

Well as some one has said information about what that Maplin unit actually does is a little sparce. Looking at the "bigger picture" the module is a "Velleman PMK160'1" but I think that is just the board number rather than the kit number Velleman kit numbers start Kxxxx.

Can't get a sensible response from the Velleman US site ATM:

What ever it lives of 12v, has a SP CO relay output the board is marked "24V AC/DC 3A Max", a tweaky pot marked "TRIG LEVEL", and a Light Dependant Resistor.

Doesn't look to me like it connects to a POTS line to me, no line isolation transformer. More likely you fix the LDR over an LED on your mobile that flashes when you call it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice