The welsh are trying to kill us again

(as far as possible) local firms and labour (even if the main contractor comes from over the border) - unlike the English mob who want to use cheap foreign labour and outsource/or sell everything in sight!

Woodworm

Nobody actually made us an offer for wales

Reply to
geoff

Well we don't sell the family silver just to make a few bob - the English just come in and take it!

Reply to
Woodworm

Or maybe the other way around. The article doesn't say which version was correct and I would think it more likely that it was put up by someone who doesn't speak Welsh than by someone who doesn't speak English.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

There is a picture somewhere of a sign where the Welsh version says: "The recipient will respond to your e-mail when they return from holiday". No prizes for working out how that happened.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk

For quite some time (supposedly anyway), Ordnance Survey had a lot of Welsh farm names on their maps that when translated all read "Beware of the dog".

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I notice that the Welsh always put the signs in English when they wish to extract money!

Reply to
Moonraker

Speaking Welsh is truly a burden.

"British journalists were held in Libya after captors mistook Welsh for Hebrew"

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Both are the language of heaven, innit Duw Duw sospan fach cwm Rhondda.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

:)

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Reply to
grimly4

"Gwesty" is more often translated as "hotel" rather than "guest house", but I've seen it on plenty of signs.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

I thought that was Gaelic...

Reply to
S Viemeister

I thought he was blowing his nose while connected to Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Reply to
grimly4

Welsh speakers are not known as Gogs. Gog is a mildy pejorative term for someone from North Wales, it is an abbreviation of gogledd, meaning north.

Also there are plenty of Welsh speakers in South Wales, from Swansea and westwards. Cardiff and Newport (i.e. South East Wales) don't have a lot of Welsh speakers.

Reply to
Road_Hog

What about Flint?

Reply to
Tim Streater

site, they were living in walthamstow so they're local workers.

Has anyone watch Britain & Irelands next Top Model.... I'm sure I detected at least 3 eastern europeans there.

Reply to
whisky-dave

damn caught out

Reply to
Rick

Careful English guy at Swansea University arrested over racist marks on twitter about the football player who had heart attack.

Seems absurd to me ...

Hook handed one eyed bomb making racist (Abu Hamza al-Masri) can stand up in public and preach death, and encourage killing and get away with it, usual reverse racism ...

Reply to
Rick