The Vulcan bomber - free flypasts

There's a possibility - they're still adding dates.

Trouble is, all displays listed so far, other than one in Scottishland (plus a flypast at Durham on the way to Dunsfold - how does that work?), are 'darn sarf'.

Just had a wonderful low fly over of the Vulcan today whilst sitting outside a coffee shop in Chorlton (South Manchester)! This follows my having the pleasure of a Vulcan fly over whilst I was sitting by the river at Bolton Abbey last year. Maybe I am being stalked!

Paul R

Reply to
Paul R

Reply to
GM4DHJ Class A ....

We had DSL cards with voice over IP and/or 2M lines years ago. You put them in the street cabinet and they looked like a concentrator with the 2M links or VoIP if you wanted.

It would have been installed by now if T Bliar hadn't cocked up the UK telecoms industry.

Reply to
dennis

I don't doubt it.

Regardless of Mr Blair's efforts, ECI and Huawei also have POTS shelves as part of their MSAN offering, nevertheless BT seem to have decided against them.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well as I was in Donny today it seemed a little rude not to take out the camera and do a quick recording of it on it's way back home.

Not the best quality as it was just a cheapo handheld camera, but the sound is good.

Reply to
ARW

Was that really necessary?

Brilliant sound.

Deeply jealous!!

If the final flight IS over the racecourse at Doncaster then I will be there with you.

Reply to
ARW

On 27 Jun 2015, Lobster grunted:

OK all you Vulcan fans - so here's a 30s clip of it flying over Woodford this afternoon. It was brilliant - did several passes, not just a flypast.

I went along with my son expecting to see a few dozen other boring old farts like me, and clutch of spotters - despite avoiding the aerodrome and viewing from a nearby industrial estate it was absolutely rammed. Police estimates were 15,000.

Reply to
Lobster

Yes they do now, they didn't when we had, but T Blair cocked everything up and delayed BT investment so the Chinese had time to develop cheaper kit. The UK just couldn't compete.

Reply to
dennis

Stuff your Blackbirds, this is just magic! (same comment to Lobster)

Reply to
newshound

Thanks. Loved the gentle wave.

I was going to go to Elvington but changed my mind when they said they would be heavy with fuel and there might only be a flypast. BIG mistake on my part!

I did manage to catch a bit of the howling on it's first flypast but the fence got in the way of the view.

ARW

I read it somewhere but Google won't show me where. It *was only a rumour* but would make some sense as Bawtry Old Road won't take the numbers that will turn out for that last flight.

I'll be there wherever it is and, with a bit of luck, they'll fly it like they stole it!

I may be able to see it from mine tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up. I'll go to the hill top!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Thanks for the reference! And it's simply an awesome sound!

Last time I went there I went through the gates and up onto the mounds (sand and crushed glass??) for a decent view.

sand and crushed glass go hand in hand. Pilkingtons once had glassworks nearby.

Reply to
ARW

Adam you are really going to have to improve your skills as a cameraman what happened after it flew by did the jetwash knock u botty over top end or summatt?.

The audio is however gettin better;)..

Reply to
tony sayer

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Good video clip on twitter - showing Vulcan flying over Northern Lakes. Heard it in Keswick - awesome.

Robert