The Science of DIY @ Radio4X

The Science of DIY The Wheelbarrow 1/5 Len Fisher and fellow experts reveal the importance of leverage when conveying a load. The Science of DIY A Chip off the Old Block

2/5 Len Fisher and fellow experts reveal how to sharpen and use your tools properly. The Science of DIY If I Had a Hammer 3/5 Len Fisher and fellow experts locate the 'sweet spot' to hit your nail on the head. 4/5 Len Fisher offers choice tips on nuts, bolts and spanners while renovating an old bicycle. 5/5 Len Fisher and fellow experts demonstrate how screws and screwdrivers are in fact levers.
Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Its going to be a bit difficult to demonstrate those things on radio.

Anyway 5 is wrong, a screwdriver is not the best lever to remove skirting with.

Reply to
dennis

Is this born of the same process as Brian Cox and his "The Science of Dr. Who"?

Reply to
Davey

I suddenly got several messages from people last week saying they'd seen me on the telly. I was somewhat puzzled, and none had said what programme or what I was doing on telly. Anyway, it turned out to be Watchdog, who came along to one of our repair events some weeks ago. They were featuring a family who were trying to repair a number of broken things. I was not directly involved - the repairer who organised the visit handled them all, but I was in the background mending a Henry vacuum cleaner.

It would have been nice if they'd actually covered the diagnostic and repair process, but of course, they didn't really do that - the programme isn't aimed at a technical audience.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel