The saw board has failed

The answer to that is move the right hand bolt, shown in your drawing, so that it passes through the saw guide. The clamp does not have to support the sawn off bit. Use something else to stop it snapping off just before the cut is complete.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Of course I did. I wanted a small, light saw that didn't take up too much room on the van. Since I never cut anything over 50mm its fine. I have a

185mm saw which stays in the workshop - huge great beast of a thing.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

First of all, trimming a door isn't a job for a jigsaw, its a job for a circular saw :-)

The general concensus on the group is that a jigsaw is one of those power tools where you need to spend a few extra quid to get one that actually works properly. What you descrobe is common to all cheaper jigsaws.

I've been through B&D, Ferm, B&Q jigsaws and they all do the same.

The only 'quality' jigsaw I've used is the Makita 4341 (now 4351) I own and "its a jigsaw Jim, but not as we know it". With a new blade & a little care it will cut a sink aperture in 38mm worktop dead square with no wandering - and an almost perfect straight line.

The Makita has a lot of fans here as does the Bosch GST range - I've never used the Bosch so I can't comment. All over £100 alas.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman