The revolution has started!

They're relying on the general public remaining ignorant of WD40's failings - assuming they're even aware of the failings themselves, which they might not be.

If things turn sour they'll silently drop the recommendation, I'm sure. Of the locks that fail, I'm sure they can claim all sorts of natural causes for the vast majority - and silence the minority quite easily.

It'd be interesting to ask them what sort of longevity testing - if any - they did on locks treated with WD40, but I can't be bothered - I've not seen any Yale products this side of the Pond, so it's just not an issue for me.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

And I'm sure Hotpoints only work properly with Daz.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Thats coz Daz (can you still buy that - and Omo, which always made us laugh as kids) give away a free packet. You don't get a free can of WD40 with a Yale lock.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sorry for the delay in answering this post, but I still disagree with you. At the end of the day it is still a water dispersant and that is what it was originally designed as. Not too long ago, it was known as WD

  1. The fact that it *can* lubricate for a short time, is a bonus. As is its ability to penetrate. That was part of its design, to penetrate and oust the water.

Regards

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If Omo won't whiten it and Daz won't brighten it, BUGGER it.

(J.Carrot)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

(Fred "Oldest Swinger in Town" Wedlock)

(At least, according to my memory and eccles here: )

Reply to
Rod

Best Universal Grease Grime & Effluent Remover. IIRC

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Definately Carrot

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If my album identification is right, it was on Wedlock's Frollicks album issued in 1973. And he called it Best Universal Grit Grime and Effluent Remover.

Not for one minute am I suggesting that Carrot, J, never had a version, but I *think* Wedlock was earlier.

Reply to
Rod

I heard it from Carrot but Wedlock was certainly around at the time. Carrot may have "borrowed" it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Now, If I hadn't lent that album to some drunken norverner 30 years ago, I could have told you

Reply to
geoff